Tuesday, March 6, 2012

#QuarantineRadio 2 Behind the music world interview w/ @AVisRich and @ohsolawdi

One thing we try to do at Quarantine Radio is not only display the talents of those in front of the mic, but those behind the scene that can educate you on the industry as well, check out these two Interviews.

Interview with AV

Listen to internet radio with Quarantine Radio on Blog Talk Radio




Bio
Name: Avoilan "AV" Bingham

Birthday/place: Atlanta, GA

First show: 2/7/04, the debut of my show Southern Hospitality Radio on WQFS 90.9 FM in Greensboro, NC

Childhood Memories (that affected lifestyle or goals): My mother always did artist showcases in & around ATL for local youth talent like local ATL sensation Raheem the Dream & Lil Jon looking to display their talent. My sister was in an R&B group while I was growing up and was/is a songwriter. My Dad did film & worked with Spike Lee on films & shot video of artists like Goodie Mob, Arrested Development, etc. The music & entertainment industry was always around me.

Struggles (in life or music industry): My struggle has been in finding the right avenue in the entertainment industry in which to pour all my energy. It's changed from radio personality to radio producer to A&R to management all within 4-5 yrs.

Individual/event influences (celebrity or personal) OR Motivation: Seeing people make business moves in the music industry always motivates me. It's very inspirational to see that, no matter who it is. I'm inspired by any & everybody making moves

Why music: Music is the soundtrack to life. It only makes sense that music would be very interesting to pursue & be a part of.

Goals (Now & Prior to music): Prior to music it was to be an executive in the sports industry. Now, my goals are to further develop & build my company, Rich Team & Company LLC, expand my brand into music, entertainment, sports & fashion and strive for excellence in the entertainment industry.

Describe your music influence: Hip Hop, Rap, R&B, Soul, Jazz, Pop

What would you like to contribute to this genre: Renewed passion for the integrity of the culture

What would you like to be remembered for/What stands out about you: Attention to detail, hard work, unrivaled excellence

Personal quotes/catch phrases; Kool Out! You Wish!

Additional comments: I hosted my own weekly radio show, Southern Hospitality Radio on Guilford College's radio station WQFS Greensboro 90.9 FM from Feb 2004-May 2008. Worked with such nationally DJs as DJ Drama of The Aphilliates, DJ Spinz of HoodRich DJs, DJ Montay of Oomp Camp, etc. Worked closely with artists & managers from independent & major labels. Produced my own show. Did all my own promotion & booked all my own guests. Got sponsors such as SEA, UPD, DTLR, Infamous South Magazine & WSOUF.com which sponsored additional production & promotion (t-shirts, flyers, etc) for the show.

-Rebroadcast SH Radio with 2 Internet radio stations (thugzone.com & WSOUF.com) from 2006-2008
-Did mixtape with DTLR & DJ E Sudd in Feb 2006 for CIAA wknd in Charlotte, NC. Got my weekly show rebroadcast in the DTLR in Greensboro, NC at Four Seasons Mall
-Won Best Show Promotion in 2005 from WQFS Greensboro for promotion of "Southern Hospitality Radio"

-College Rep for Def Jam at Guilford College 2007-2008
-Co Producer for Rene Miller Show on WJZZ 107.5 FM 2007
-Junior A&R DP Productions 2009
-Creative Sales Director @ N8tion.com 2011-present
-CEO of Rich Team & Company, LLC (8-10-11)
-Management team for Dem Boyz & The Sumit



Interview with Lawdi

Listen to internet radio with Quarantine Radio on
Blog Talk Radio


Search Lawdi on page for Bio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter