Tuesday, March 6, 2012

#QuarantineRadio Interview with Model/Rapper @AlexisLovesme w/ special guest @MissMya

At the Start of the show Mya calls into #QuarantineRadio to talk about the Marathon she was preparing for
Then



Interview

Listen to internet radio with Quarantine Radio on Blog Talk Radio




                                                                                                     

Bio

  I chose the name "Lex La Rue" after my best friend Kathy Pegram said that people at her office called her "Kat the Seductress, Dutchess, La Rue" and that I should go by the name "Lex La Rue"... I loved the name, "La Rue" even though I didn't care for the meaning which translates to "The Streets" in French. I later changed my mind when I told my Mother about my rapping career and my new name. My Mother told me that her favorite singer Michael McDonald had a song called "Taken it to the streets" and that Lex La Rue would take her music and message to the streets! I loved the idea and new name and took my music straight to the NC Music Factory where I recorded my first song ever with producer Krazy Figz in September of 2011. The song was called "Fully Laced", and the second single written by Cash P (who is my rap mentor) called "Saturday Love" (a remake of the same titled song). Currently I’m working on my Mixtape which should be ready in january 2012. You can hear one of the songs from the mixtape on reverbnation called “I’ma Floss”. “I’ma floss” shows a harder side of rapping and with the three songs created shows my versatility. While I'm not in the studio writing and creating hot music for the streets, you can find me modeling, pursuing my career as an actress or working on a clothing line called Vintage Dreamz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter