Sunday, March 1, 2009

A New Start

So Friday me and M.D. sat down and listen to each other beats that we had made. First he told me he no longer wanted to be called Beat M.D. he wants to be know as Nasty Boy. But one of his beat he made I added my touch to and said will send this to this independent Label who was asking for beats. So I brushed up the beat a lil then told him I would send in the morning. Then we listen to my beats and one of them he said it's the best beat I had made.
I call it Vacation with me. Had a hook for it we both was thinking we needed the perfect person to sing the hook. I already had someone in mind to sing the hook but after awhile I thought I should look at all the possibilities. And we talked about how we need to work on one track at a time...one hit at a time. That's how we going do every track from now on. Make sure we have a sure hit. We have a beat that will win over the ladies and smooth enough to be in the club. Now all we need is my lyrics and deliverance to be on point. That's where my mind is focus on
Saturday I sent off the beat in the morning and got a call from Nat-Hi to help him hand out flyers. Nasty Boy had went to Charlotte for the CIAA so thought I go over some ideas with Nat. He gave me some input on my mixtape, Basically told me I had the right formula but like i was seeing my deliverance wasnt there. He then went into how he wanted me to be on his team. I already have my plan mapped out. I keep telling him I dont mind helping him out and all but sometimes I dont think what im saying get through to him. Like the way he doing things now I really dont agree with. We have two different views of marketing and promoting. In my mind I think we should just stick to callabo on tracks and what not. So we ended up hitting up three malls and a couple shopping centers by the end of the day I just wanted to crash for the rest of the night. So i sat back watched this Napz Krew DVD, then listen to some mixtapes. I was going to work on some beats but I eventually called it a night and to sleep.
Sunday I found out that our beat was one of the beats the group wanted. At the same time I found out my USB drive was missing. Some how from the time i sent the snippet of the beat to riding around with Nat it came lose from my Keys. I was so pissed cause this the second time I lost a USB drive. The only good thing is that I had it locked with a Password so no one can really get anything from it. But now I cant transfer files and send off my beats. So I called Nasty and was like we might need his flash to save the finish beat to send off. He was just like will find a way if they really want the beat. Like this our first major Opp, we have had other ppl asking for beats but aint nothing move or heard anthing and it seem these are the first serious people to talk to us. But as of now Im just going have to buy another jump drive cause it dont look like ima find the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter